MoneyGram is a payment method for your clients that may need to make their payments with cash. With a MoneyGram card, your clients can walk into one of over 39,000 MoneyGram locations across the country, inside stores like Walmart, CVS, and more, to make their Chapter 13 plan payment. MoneyGrams can be purchased with cash at all participating MoneyGram locations while purchases at Walmart can be made with cash or debit cards that are linked to a financial institution. All the Debtor needs is their MoneyGram card, their ID and the funds to make their payment. Each MoneyGram transaction costs a flat fee of $8.99. Once your client’s payment is made, the trustee’s office can verify immediately, but payments will take 3-4 business days to post to the Chapter 13 case.
Using the TFS free portal for attorneys, you can can generate and print out or email the MoneyGram card (IDs) for your clients, or they can call the TFS support team at 888-739-2749 to obtain their card. You can confirm a MoneyGram payment while in court, right from your laptop or iPad. MoneyGram can be a critical tool for avoiding dismissals as it is a cash, electronic payment that is guaranteed.
Follow these steps to sign your firm up, which takes less than five minutes:
- Visit the attorney portal webiste at https://www.tfsbillpay.com/paralegal
- Click the orange “Sign Up” button.
- Enter just a few things about your firm (ie. firm name, bar number…)
- TFS verifies your information and sends you a welcome email.
- After receipt of the welcome email, you can login.
Follow these steps to create a MoneyGram card for your client:
- Sign in to your attorney portal https://www.tfsbillpay.com/paralegal
- Select Trustee - Mark T. McCarty
- Enter the trustee, case number, last four of debtor’s SSN and click authorize.
- Select Print MoneyGram card.
- Select the PDF file that appears in your download folder.
- Make sure your client has the MoneyGram account number and receive code.
Watch this short video tutorial on creating a MoneyGram card for your client.